Local Attractions - so Much to See and Experience
New Harbor, the most picturesque harbor in all of Maine, has kept its unspoiled character and beauty. It is a virtually non-navigable harbor - large pleasure craft avoid the harbor. It has retained its "small fishing village" uniqueness. A picture of the lobster boat "The Greyling" at its moorings has appeared on calendars throughout the country. If one has a penchant for lobster they will most assuredly have their fill in New Harbor. We have establishments that sell, cook, and serve fresh lobsters and clams from the daily catch.
It is impossible to enjoy a better or fresher lobster anywhere. New Harbor is above the pollution line which insures the absence of "red tide", algae, and contaminants. New Harbor is closest to Monhegan Island which along with New Harbor, because of its majestic beauty, represents the quintessential Maine experience.
- C.E. Reilly and Son - our favorite local grocery store for staples, prepared food and some baked goods
- Hannaford Damariscotta - closest supermarket
- Rising Tide Co-op - co-op grocery with great organic and vegetarian options
- The Harbor Room - excellent food and drinks, very close
- Abundant Bakery - great bakery with excellent coffee within walking distance, attached to the Chesebro Gallery
- The Cupboard Cafe - delicious, homemade breakfast, lunch and Sunday brunch
- Mr. Rib - authentic Southern BBQ - 603 Main St. Damariscotta
- Shaws Fish and Lobster Wharf - lobster right on the water with outdoor bars
- Contented Sole - near Fort William Henry, also right on the water
- King Eiders Pub - further away in Damariscotta, great pub atmosphere and amazing food
- Shuck Station - the best local oysters, great food and cool, casual atmosphere
- Newcastle Publick House - American hangout with beer and seafood